Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Trainings
If you are interested in a private CSPO course, please contact me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A list of my currently schedule public CSPO courses can be found from the Scrum Alliance Course Search.
Product ownership is much more than user stories and prioritizing the work. It’s about leading the product to create delighted customers and find business success. It’s an exploration, an ongoing search and discovery, and leadership in change. Scrum and Agile can give you effective means to translate your understanding of the changing environment into effective actions.
In this course, you will gain insights into the big and the small. In the big, we will explore questions like:
- Why to use Agile? When is Scrum the right approach? When should we use some other approach? Can I combine different approaches?
- What am I expected of in the Product Owner role? How do I interact with the Development Team and the ScrumMaster, or with the stakeholders?
- How do I plan for future? What kind of commitments are safe to make? How do those commitments affect the work we do?
In the small, we will look at things like:
- How can I effectively describe the things / features my clients and users want? How much detail is useful, and when?
- How can I get the Development Team’s feedback on risks, opportunities, effort and consequences of planned work?
- What techniques can I use to elicit needs and value information from my stakeholders? How do I keep them informed of product progress?
You will be learning in interaction with the trainer and each other. Every topic will have at least one exercise to challenge you to think or to try your hand in the subject. You will not be let easy on Agile understanding, but you will also learn practical tools that you can use in your product development efforts immediately.
After participating on the course, the participants are certified as Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPO) by Scrum Alliance. Of course, this is just one step, albeit an important one, in your learning path, and can be used in your application for Certified Scrum Professional certificate later on that path.
The courses can be taught in Finnish or English, but the materials are in English.